Before organising a festival, I never thought about the work that goes into it. Last year’s Ashford Festival of Arts and Technology was an eye opener. For those who have never organised one, let me tell you that it is work that requires military precision and nerves of steel. But we learnt a lot and I’m really glad we chose to do it. The festival was a first, and despite not having done much promotion because of lack of enough organisers, funding and time, we managed to attract hundreds of visitors and have lots and lots of fun in the process.
So we decided to do more of them this year and the first one coming your way is ArtiGras which will take place on the 16th and 17th May in Ashford High Street. Because we love Ashford and think it deserves the baddest festival ever, we’re throwing the biggest and best one ever yet. But we can’t do this without you of course, residents of Ashford, community organisations, businesses and supporters. There are already 20 or so stalls booked, amazing bands and performers on board, and lots of guys and gals making lots of amazing things to brighten the street.
So here are some of the things we need help with:
- We need a few more stall holders selling handmade products
- We need more knitted goodies to yarn bomb our town. HERE Emma Jane has more information and details for you.
- We need donations of prizes for the raffle tickets and sponsorship for our activities for children
- We need volunteers to help on the day with making sure that stall holders are happy and selling, covering them so they can have a break, selling raffle tickets, etc
- We need volunteer photographers to cover the event over two days and someone to video some of the great things we have in store for everyone
- And finally we need you to tell all of your friends, relatives and neighbours, like our Facebook page HERE and come along with them to have fun, celebrate creativity in Ashford and take part in the amazing programme of events we have in store for you.
With eight weeks to go and a vast amount of work still to do, we hope you have a few hours in your week to come and be a part of this amazing event. You’d absolutely love it, we assure you.
Fore more details contact the Festival team on 01233 879877 or email Becky or Betsy at email@example.com.
Looking forward to meeting you all and having fun on the day.